CustomCE Learner Agreement
By registering as a learner on the CustomCE.com website, you are stating that you have read this Agreement and that you both understand and agree to abide by it in all interactions with Custom Continuing Education, LLC and CustomCE.com (referred to collectively as CustomCE). This Agreement includes:
- You are expected to adhere to the Ethical Principles of the American Psychological Association as well as to the ethical principles and/or standards of your professional association, if different.
- You are expected to be honest and truthful in all interactions with CustomCE and to do nothing to compromise your own or the learning experiences of others. This includes the expectation that you will not share your account information with others or allow others to assist when responding to course assessments and quizzes, and that you will maintain the security and confidentiality of tests and proprietary information and the integrity of all assessments, testing instruments, and related materials.
- You are responsible for verifying that courses taken at CustomCE meet the licensure requirements in your state. An unofficial summary and links to state requirements can be found on the CE Requirements by State page.
- You are responsible for understanding the Policies and Clauses listed below and are directed to the Frequently Asked Questions page for further information.
CustomCE Learner Policies
Learner privacy is the number one security issue at CustomCE. Custom Continuing Education, LLC, including its virtual campus at CustomCE.com, never sells, trades, or otherwise distributes any personal information regarding learners. Learner names, login, courses, and any other information associated with learners or learner accounts are kept confidential and encrypted. All learner data is considered confidential per policy.
In accordance with accepted academic standards for continuing education, CustomCE maintains a record of all learners and completed coursework, including learner names, learner ID, and the course number, title, description, credits, and dates of all completed coursework. This information is backed up on a regular basis, and maintained for a minimum of three years post course completion for every learner.
CustomCE is fully committed to conducting all activities in strict conformance with the American Psychological Association’s Ethical Principles of Psychologists. CustomCE will comply with all legal and ethical responsibilities to be non-discriminatory in promotional activities, learning content and in the treatment of learners. The monitoring and assessment of compliance with these standards will be the responsibility of the Academic Lead in consultation with the members of Academic Standards Committee.
While CustomCE goes to great lengths to assure fair treatment for all learners and attempts to anticipate problems, there will be occasional issues which come to our attention which require intervention and/or action on the part of CustomCE. This procedural description serves as a guideline for handling such grievances.
When a learner, either orally or in written format, files a grievance and expects action on the complaint, the following actions will be taken.
- If the grievance concerns a course author or the style of presentation, the individual filing the grievance will be asked to put his/her comments in written format. The Academic Lead will then pass on the comments to the faculty member, assuring the confidentiality of the grieved individual.
- If the grievance concerns a course offering, its content, level of presentation, or the Virtual Campus, the Academic Lead will mediate and will be the final arbitrator. If the participant requests action, the Academic Lead will (i) work to find an alternative course of equal value to the learner or (ii) provide a partial or full refund of any related course fees.
- If the grievance concerns any other matter involving the CE program at Custom Continuing Education, LLC the Academic Lead will attempt to arbitrate.
Please Contact Us if you would like more information or if would like to file a grievance. If you have a preference, you can direct your grievance directly to our Psychology Lead, Dr. Catherine Crews, or to our Academic Lead, Dr. Chris Heffner.
Commercial Support Policy
CustomCE does not accept commercial support for any of its educational programming.